Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Helping Others is My Thing!

 I got the nicest message from a woman who discovered one of my video posts on Facebook. A friend of hers had shared it!  She said she had no idea there were people like me out there but she so enjoyed it, that she went back and found a bunch of other videos I'd done.  Then I asked her if she'd happened upon any of my blog posts.  She hadn't, so I sent her links to a couple of blog posts I thought she'd enjoy based on the videos she liked.  So, why did I do this for someone who isn't even a client?  Because I like to help pet owners get the resources they need to succeed.  There is so much misinformation out there that I really want to be part of the solution.  Giving pet owners real ideas and training options to try, whether in my videos or blogs, is part of doing business as far as I'm concerned.  If you read my blogs and follow my videos and try to implement my suggestions for your pets, then I consider myself a success.  You see I really do feel that  helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life (that's a Todd Stocker quote, by the way).  

So, what's my point in telling you this?  No, I'm not trying to toot my own horn.  Rather, I'm reaching out to you, the people who read my blog posts and watch my videos to let me know what kind of content you are looking for.  What do YOU need help with?  What would you like to hear me talk about?  I appreciate those folks who send me their questions, ideas, frustrations, and successes as those guide my creative process when I write and make those videos.  No question is dumb and I love any and all ideas.  And do keep in mind that I'll never say who sent the idea or had the problem; I'm not calling folks out!  I just figure that if this issue is a problem for you and your pet, it's likely a problem for a lot of other pet owners too and we should tackle the problem together. And I do love that several of you have asked for more videos featuring my own dogs!

I want to continue to share what I learn (and have learned) about animals. Yes, I'm still working on my book, but for now it's a work in progress!  Right this minute, I want to focus on those little bits of wisdom, those easy-to-do tips that can improve the relationship you have with your pet.  So, for now, let's continue "meeting" here on social media and keep the conversational ball rolling.

So, what's your burning question for me today?  Drop it in the comments here, or on the social media platform where you read this post.  Let's get started!

I truly feel like this should be my avatar! It's perfect, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment