Wednesday, July 4, 2018

K9Freud Is In!

Wow....this is the fifth time this week (and it's only Wednesday!), that I've had a prospective client thank me profusely for taking their call/answering their email/responding so quickly. Makes me wonder what the heck other practitioners are doing!?   I know how much I dislike when my own requests for help are ignored or I have to wait months to get an appointment.  I just feel like it really shouldn't be that way. Even if someone is booked way out for an appointment, just calling a client back or responding to their email and letting them know, isn't too much to ask. I get it.  And that's why I respond as quickly as possible. I don't want anyone to ever say that I wasn't responsive or that they never heard back from me. Helping you solve your pet's behavior problems are a priority for me.  I know that it took a lot for you to reach out to me in the first place, likely because your veterinarian or a friend told you that you really needed my help.  Now that you've reached out, it's my job to follow through.  Having said that, keep in mind that I work all by myself.  When you schedule an appointment with me, it's really me that shows up.  This might mean that you have to switch your schedule around to meet with me at a time that isn't most optimal for you, but that's when I can get to you from where my office is located.  And if you'd really rather come to me, you can do that too. We can meet at a lovely park in my area and talk about the problems your pet is having. If you think a phone consultation is needed right away, I can certainly make that happen. I almost always have at least one phone appointment left open every day, just in case.

Why am I telling you all of this? Just because I want you to know that I am here to help.  And that I will respond in a timely fashion.  I won't leave you waiting days for an answer because I just don't think that's fair to you or to your pet.  I've been called a work-a-holic more than once given that I still answer emails and phone messages even when I am on vacation.  That may be true, but I think it is important that my clients and prospective clients know I care.  And being courteous was something I learned from my mom.  I like to honor that lesson and pay it forward every day. Now, it's time to go charge my phone!

Have a happy and safe 4th of July everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment