Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Distractions & Procrastination

I love the holidays and I love my holiday decorations.  What I don't love is taking them all down in January.  This isn't about being sad that the holidays are over or that my college kids have returned to school. No, it's much more basic than that.  I truly hate taking everything down, putting it all away, hauling the boxes back into the garage, and then cleaning house afterward.  Blech.  No fun at all.

And then I remember my faithful assistants.  My two collies.  They are there every step of the way, often underfoot, ready to help if a box needs sniffing, if I drop an ornament on the floor, or more importantly if I need just a bit more dog hair stuck in the box sealing tape.  With all of this help, it might take me a week to get everything put away.  I don't really care though.  To have them underfoot is a gift.  I can't imagine my world without dogs in it.  And these two make me laugh.  Best helpers ever.

Do you have canine or feline assistants as well?




1 comment:

  1. Yes, Gibson appear to like opening boxes. Namely those marked Chewy, Petco, etc.

    ReplyDelete