Wednesday, November 4, 2020

An Attitude of Gratitude

 I received two thank you notes this week from clients and they were so unexpected, and yet so appreciated!  I make it my goal to help each and every pet owner who reaches out to me for help and I can see when my suggestions and treatment plans are working, but it still gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when someone tells me how much they (and their pets!) learned from me. 

The truth of the matter is this: I am constantly learning from my clients and their pets.  Sometimes I'm reminded of why patience is important (lol!) but more often than not, I can see how a little empathy and compassion can go a long way in helping pet owners better understand the behavior of their four-legged family members. Those clients who tell me that they understand anxiety because they are working through their own issues in anxiety.  The clients who tell me that anti-anxiety medication has helped them and wonder if it will help their pets as well.  The clients who tell me they just want their animals to be happy and have a good quality of life.  These are the people who bring me great joy and fulfillment when we work together.

If you and I have worked together, I just want to say again that I appreciate you and the trust you put in me to help you and your pet.  If you'd like to share something that we worked on together or something I suggested that made a difference for you and your pet, I'd love to hear it.  As many of you know, I'm working on a book about my life as an animal behaviorist and I would like to include some of the specific methods and treatment protocols I have used that have made a difference in the lives of the pet owners I've worked with.  

These are strange times we are living in.  We can't hug one another and we have to stand 6 feet apart and stay masked. We need to protect one another from this deadly virus while still supporting each other along the way.  I will continue to find creative ways to help pet owners and hope that you will continue to seek out my assistance and encouragement as you navigate pet ownership during a pandemic.

And, as always, if you have questions about your pet's behavior, you know where to find me.

My sweet Rottweiler friend, Bella. I am grateful to her family for allowing 
me to continue to be part of her life and theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment